Summer is just around the corner. That means warm summer days sunning yourself by the pool and going for beach hangs with the girls.
With summer, comes swimsuit season. And this time round, we’re going to make it easy for you. No more scrolling through countless websites searching for swimsuit trends and the most flattering bikinis of the season, nope, we’ve done all the hard work for you.
Last year’s swimsuits had a great run, but now it’s time to make way in your closet (and beach bags!) for the latest trends and styles that are going to make your next poolside celebration even better than expected.
Say bye to your faded, outdated bikini and hello to fresh summer newness.
When it comes to summer, think less clothes, more fun. Look to multitasking silhouettes that double up as bodysuits, looking just as chic under your favourite pants or skirt as they do at the pool. From minimalist one shouldered styles to backless designs, the right swimsuit can easily take you from beach to bar when you dress it up accordingly.
The Retro Cool Girl
This season, we’ve seen a number of 90’s trends sashay back into the forefront of fashion. From the slip dress to the square toe heel, it’s certainly having its moment. When it comes to swimwear, we’re seeing elements of the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s in designs. From t-shirt twist bikini tops, high-cut briefs, sporty tankinis and retro fabrications, we feel like we just stepped out of a time machine.
Knots & Twists
Knotted details add depth to a swimsuit. Not only does it add character to a simple silhouette, but you can alter the style to fit your unique body shape– music to every girl’s ears! Customisable yet cute, we think this is a trend that’s here to stay.
Love it or hate it, animal print will always be a fierce look. Go all out in a leopard one-piece to channel your most glam vibes and team with your favourite black denim skirt or wear a cute frilled bikini to break up the boldness of the print. Get ready for lots of attention for all the right reasons.
The high-cut swimsuit trend is no longer a trend… more a lifestyle. Designed seamlessly to elongate and lengthen the body there’s nothing a high waisted bikini can’t do. Think flattering shirred fabrics, floral prints, frilled sleeves, and cupped bikini tops that’ll solve your vacay outfit worries. With such a flattering finish on the waist, it leaves you with more opportunity and confidence to choose pretty much any type of bikini top.
WEAR THE TRENDS WITH OUR 10 FAVOURITES:
- Cabana Bikini Set: Made from a daisy printed shirred material and cut with a high waist, this set is both adorable and cool at the same time. If it doesn’t bring you Euro vacay vibes we don’t know what will.
- Pamella Bikini - White : Effortlessly chic, this ribbed fabric is uber flattering and the underwire in the cupped bikini top is super flattering. Team with matching straw accessories for the ultimate summer look.
- Textured Rib One Piece: What’s not to love? Worn as a swimsuit to the beach or a bodysuit to the bar, this double dimensional silhouette is more than dreamy.
- Casablanca Set: This swim set features a tie front top which doubles up as a cute little crop. Love.
- Kaya Bikini Set: The adjustable straps are flattering on all body shapes, as are the bright vertical stripes that add a retro feel to the bikini.
- Lou Lou Bikini Set: We feel like we’re about to head off on a yacht in the Amalfi Coast whenever we look at this bikini set. Say no more.
- Bo Derek One Piece: Featuring an extremely high rise fit and an even lower back, this one piece brings an 80’s vibe with it that’s trending this season. An easy style to wear for almost any occasion.
- Safari Bikini Set: An alternative animal print to your classic leopard, this triangle bikini pushes the style boundaries bringing something unique to the table… or the pool inflatable!
- Tuscany Bikini Set: Strapless and gingham, pair this pretty bikini with cut off denim shorts and your favourite sneakers.
Mira Bikini Set: Bright, bold, and just about as summery as it gets, you can’t beat a one shoulder design in canary yellow. Could someone order an Aperol please?
If you’re as excited as we are about updating our summer wardrobe, we recommend you check out our latest styles and new season offerings today. From swimsuits and bikinis to denim shorts and summer dresses perfect for work, we’ve got you covered for the warmer season. Browse the collection online now at Billy J.