RETURNS & EXCHANGE POLICY
We want you to be completely satisfied with your online purchase. If you change your mind, we’ll accept a return of any full priced or most sale items for a store credit, subject to the following conditions:
- Any items 50% off the RRP or more are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned. However faulty items can be returned once Customer Service has been emailed.
- Items must be returned within 14 days of receiving your parcel. This is extended to 30 days for International customers. We suggest that all items are tried on as soon as they are received to ensure you are able to return items within the timeframe.
- Items must be returned in original condition, unworn, unaltered, unwashed and with their tags attached, void of any make up or odours / scents.
- Swimwear and Intimates – Customers must try on items wearing undergarments. If you wish to return an item, the tags and protective hygiene strip must remain in place. The item will not be accepted if either of these have been removed or altered, or if the item shows signs of wear.
- Shoes – Please try on shoes for fit on soft surfaces. We will not accept shoes returned with sole markings or scratches. If you have received a shoe box, this must also be returned with the shoes in its original condition.
- Earrings – Due to hygiene reasons all earrings are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned, even for change of mind.
- Beauty Products – Due to hygiene reasons and general health and safety, we do not accept change of mind return requests on beauty products.
- Gift Cards – Gift Cards may not be returned or exchanged for cash and are valid for 3 years from the date of issue. All vouchers purchased on our website can be redeemed on our website as well as our store at Kawana Shopping.
- Unfortunately online purchases cannot be returned in-store.
For more information please click HERE
If you have any questions regarding your return, please contact email@example.com
A note for our US customers: USPS have temporarily suspended their First-Class Mail and Priority Mail standard services to Australia due to an increase in parcels/backlog. USPS Priority Mail express is running as normal.
How do I return an item? +
It is important that all returned items are in line with our Returns & Exchanges Policy which can be found HERE.
If you are an Australian Customer and wish to return an item, please click HERE and follow the prompts. Once you have completed the above prompts and have purchased and printed a returns label, please include your invoice with the item(s) you are returning neatly packaged. You will need to purchase a returns label from your local post office. Please note that returns from different orders cannot be processed together but can be mailed out together.
If you are an International Customer, please follow the steps above to return. You will need to purchase a returns label from your local post office.
We endeavour to process returns as soon as they are received but please allow up to 5 business days for returns to be processed. You will receive email notification of the status of your refund once finalised. We do not refund initial shipping charges for items returned, other than for faulty items. We are not liable for the loss of garments being returned.
What if my item is faulty? +
We're so sorry if an item you received is not in perfect condition. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can resolve this for you. We will meet our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation which may include replacing the item if the stock is available or giving you a refund upon receiving your faulty item back. Please note if more than the faulty item is returned within the same parcel we will be unable to compensate return postage. Return postage will be reimbursed up to the value of $9.15 for Domestic customers, up to $12.50 for New Zealand customers and $25.00 for all other International customers.
What if I receive an incorrect item? +
If you have received an item you did not order, please email us at email@example.com along with your order number, providing as much detail as possible so that we can resolve this for you.
How will my return be processed? +
Upon receipt of the item/s, they will be checked to make sure they meet the conditions above and once cleared, you will be emailed a credit note for the purchase price (excluding original shipping cost and discounts) directly to the original email used for your purchase.
We endeavour to process returns as soon as they are received but please allow up to 5 business days for it to be processed. You will receive email notification with your Gift Card once finalised. We cannot process returns until your item(s) have physically reached our returns department. We recommend keeping a copy of your tracking number as we will not be responsible for parcels lost in transit.
Purchases made using AFTERPAY or ZIPPAY follow the same return conditions. You will be issued a credit note upon receiving your items. Continue to pay your balance off in the normal payment schedule to Afterpay or Zippay. Your Billy J credit will be available to be used immediately. We cannot cancel AFTERPAY or ZIPPAY payments if you choose to send back your order.
Can I get a refund? +
In compliance with Australian Consumer Law, Billy J is not required to provide a refund if you make a wrong selection, need a different size or change your mind. This includes items purchased using Afterpay and Zippay.
While we take every care to ensure that you receive an item that is in perfect condition; in the event of a MINOR fault with your item; we will first attempt to replace or repair the item. If this is not possible then we will offer you a credit note or refund. The outcome of a refund for a minor fault is at Billy Js discretion. If you receive an item which is deemed by Billy J as a MAJOR fault. It is at the customers discretion to choose a replacement, store credit or a refund. If the item was purchased using a Gift Card, the amount will be credited back to the gift card and not refunded.
For any fault related issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can resolve this for you.
Can I exchange an item? +
Unfortunately, due to the fast turnover of styles we do not yet offer exchanges. If you would like a different size or item, we recommend you use your online credit to purchase an alternative size / product.
Do I have to pay for shipping my return? +
International and Domestic customers will need to cover the cost of their return.
A note for our Domestic customers: For your convenience we have a negotiated flat returns rate of $9.20 per parcel with Australia Post to send your parcel back to us. Though this is done through a Billy J portal offered to our customers, this amount will have to be paid by you directly to Australia Post. For any queries regarding sending your parcel back, please speak directly to Australia Post. Please note: Subject to our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation, international returns cannot be accepted where the value of the items being returned in one shipment is over $1000. Please ship the items separately as we are not responsible to pay duties to receive the goods. If there is a charge it may be deducted from your final credit.
Have you received my return? +
If you have not received your credit within 5 days of sending your return back, please follow these steps:
- Enter your tracking number on the Aus Post or your courier of choice website. https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html#/track
- If your tracking confirms that it has arrived, please allow up to 5 business days for your return to be processed and credit to be issued.
- Your store credit will be emailed to the nominated email address that is linked to your customer account.
- Be sure to check your junk / spam folder.
- If it still isn’t there, please email us at email@example.com to help resolve the matter.
Where do I send my return? +
BILLY J RETURNS DEPARTMENT
1/32 Hoopers Road
Kunda Park, QLD
For International customers, where do I send my return? +
At this stage our returns portal is just for domestic customers. If you are an international or decide to use your own courier service, please print the returns form above in Point No. 6. Once filled out, ensure it is in line with our returns and exchange policy and return it to :
BILLY J RETURNS DEPARTMENT
1/32 Hoopers Road
Kunda Park, Qld 4556